International business seminars on registered employment
One of the most important activities of Promoting Registered Employment in Textile and Clothing Sector project was the organization of international business seminars.
New Horizons - The main purpose of the Seminars was to increase the awareness of local textile and clothing enterprises on corporate social responsibility.
Local firms were directly informed by the largest buyers of the world on manufacturing in compliance with international social responsibility principles.
Two consecutive seminars have been organized in Gaziantep and in Kahramanmaraş, on 19th and 20th October 2011.
During the seminars, a panel on ‘’Manufacturing in line with Corporate Social Responsibility Principles in International Textile and Clothing Sector’’ was held with four panelists and a panel chair;
• Sibel Okan, H&M, CSR Manager (Europe, Africa and Middle East)
• Ebru Gökbulut, Head of Social Compliance (Europe, Middle East and N.Africa)
• Muazzez Siahpoush Kolyaei, Li&Fung, Senior Manager – Vendor Compliance
• Fatma Ak, LC Waikiki, Internal Sourcing Manager
Chair: Ms.Nilgün Özdemir, IHKIB Board Member
The Seminars mostly reached the purpose of the initiative and created below impacts:
• The final beneficiaries were brought together with the representatives of the local/ international firms that make purchases from the region. They were informed on the benefits of a manufacturing structure that complies with international social responsibility principles.
• The Seminars provided an interactive medium between local firms and buyers through organisation of roundtable meetings to leverage business opportunities.
• The Booklet ‘’Impact of Social Responsibility on Profitibility’’ was distributed to all participants as a comprehendible source of reference.