1. Ensure universal access to energy
2. Double the share of renewable energy
3. Double the rate of improvement in energy efficiency
When we gather together in May with prominent business leaders from around the region, we will be trying to find answers to some tough questions:
· How can we leverage investments in sustainable energy solutions across the region?
· How can we scale up existing activities?
· An investment of $48 billion per year globally will be needed to provide universal energy access by 2030. How are we going to leverage the necessary resources to ensure this happens in our region?
We are hoping to attract strong private sector participation and provide an open space for networking and idea sharing for groups from all sectors: from private companies and financial institutions to international organizations and governments.
One of our main focuses will be identifying new investment opportunities and partnerships. It is a key goal for this conference to serve as a forum for announcing new and exciting public-private partnerships and investments in sustainable energy.
We’ll be bringing you more information as the event gets closer but in the meantime, we’d like to ask you these same questions and we’d love to hear your answers:
What are some promising ways that the private sector can be a part of bringing sustainable energy to the region?
We’d also kindly ask you to share this post with anyone you know who might be interested in coming to the sustainable energy conference.
Stay tuned, looking forward to seeing you in Istanbul!
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon - Sustainable Energy For All